INSTALLING THE STANDARD MODEM
This page gives you information on how you can set
up your external GSM Modem as a standard modem in Windows XP. This is
necessary if you wish to use Ozeki NG - SMS Gateway for MMS Messaging.
Please follow these steps.
1. As a first step, you need to open your Control panel.
To do this, click on Start, and select the Settings/ControlPanel menu item
2. In the Control Panel Window, click on 'Add Hardware',
and then in the 'Add Hardware Wizard'form, click on the 'Next' button
Figure 1 - Opening the Control Panel
3. In the 'Add Hardware Wizard' window, select the answer
'Yes', and click on the 'Next' button (Figure 2).
Figure 2 - Add Hardware Wizard form 1
4. As a the next step, select the 'Add a new hardware device'
item from the 'Installed hardware' listbox and then click 'Next' (Figure 3).
Figure 3 - Add Hardware Wizard form 2
5. Select the answer 'Install the hardware that I manually
select from a list', and click on 'Next' (Figure 4).
Figure 4 - Add Hardware Wizard form 3
6. Select 'Modems', and click on 'Next' (Figure 5).
Figure 5 - Add Hardware Wizard form 4
7. Place a checkmark in the 'Don't detect my modem,
I will select it from a list' checkbox, and click 'Next' (Figure 6).
Figure 6 - Add Hardware Wizard form 5
8. The following step is to select the 'Standard 56000 bps
Modem', and click on 'Next' (Figure 7).
Figure 7 - Add Hardware Wizard form 6
9. Please choose 'COM1', and click the 'Next' button
Figure 8 - Add Hardware Wizard form 7
Then the installation procedure is complete.
People who read this also read...