Example applications of SMS messaging
You can use SMS messaging for a lot of different purposes that include Person-to-Person Text Messaging, Information Provision, Downloading, Alerts/Notifications (E-mail, Fax and Voice Message Notifications, E-Commerce and Credit Card Transaction Alerts, Stock Market Alerts, Remote System Monitoring), Two-Way Interactive Text Messaging Applications, and SMS Marketing.
There is also chat application which enables a group of people to exchange SMS messages in an interactive way.
It can be used, for instance, to send news, weather report, etc. to mobile users. Several of these information services are paid services.
Since most people always have their mobile phones at hand, it is a
good way to send information of important events and alerts, if needed.
You can use, for instance, SMS notifications in case of incoming e-mails. Whenever a new e-mail comes into your e-mail inbox, you can get an SMS notification of this. You can use this also for Fax and Voice messages.
Similarly, SMS messaging can also be used in case of E-commerce or Credit Card transactions.
- SMS basics
- Why is SMS so successful?
- SMS number formats
- SMS and MMS message types
- Short Message Service Center (SMSC)
- SMS Gateway
- Two way SMS system - Ozeki NG
- Hardware and software requirements
- 2.2 Network requirements
- Ozeki SMS Gateway - General information about the software
- Message types
- Delivery reports
- GSM modem
- SQL to SMS
- HTTP to SMS gateway
- E-mail to SMS and SMS to E-mail forwarding
- Autoreply database
- Performance and scalability
- Problem resolution
- Cost control and usage statistics
- Trial version of the SMS Gateway
- Commercial questions